Monday, October 21, 2013

Flubber Blubber



What is more awesome than homemade flubber, I think nothing! When I was a kid this was one of my favorite things ever to play with, but of course it was the kind that you bought at the store. As soon as I saw this on Pinterest I flipped and immediately re-pinned it. What's awesome about it is that you can make it any color you choose and there are only four ingredients to make this slimy, gooey but amazing craft. I have only made it once before, but it turned out to be super successful. 

My best friend, Claire, had come over and we were so bored and my mom asked if we wanted to go to the store with her. We were trying to decide what to get when we decided the perfect thing to make, flubber. We got to the store bought two large things of glue and one box of borax. Borax is something that you would find in the laundry detergent isle. We got back home, got our bowls out and we started to make it. At first we were questioning if it was really going to work and then we added the borax mixture and BAM it instantly turned into flubber. You only have to use a little borax and its container is pretty big, so the next time you make it the only thing you will have to get is the glue.We were amazed and super excited to play with it. When I put it into my hands it like I was a little girl again. 

Below is how you make it and I promise that it is not a waste of your time!

What you need:

-3/4 cup cold water

-1 cup of Elmer's glue (one full bottle)

-food coloring

-1/2 cup hot water

-1 teaspoon borax


Directions:

Step 1: in a bowl mix together the cold water, glue and food coloring and set aside (mix until everything looks evenly blended)


Step 2: get a new bowl and mix together the hot water and borax, mix until the borax completely dissolves (this bowl should be larger)


Step 3: slowly add the glue mixture the the borax mixture and you will start to see a magical change (pour out any excess water or your flubber will not be able to knead together)


Step 4: knead together (I suggest kneading it softly by tossing it around in your hands)

                     Pictures provided by Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment