Friday, November 8, 2013

Something Jolly

pictures provided by: A Girl and a Glue Gun

It's a jolly world when you put these suckers into your mouth. My Spanish teacher, Mrs. Aplanalp, gives these out every quarter for the student of the quarter. Unfortunately, I did not win. I think I know why though, I am not very good at Spanish, infact I am terrible at it, but yet I am in Spanish III. Anyways, my friend, Jaki, won it and she totally deserved it. After seeing these in class I was inspired so my friend, Cali, and I went to the gas station and bought a jolly rancher bag (I've heard the sour jolly ranchers are the best). We preheated the oven as soon as we got home and in no time those suckers where in. I highly recommend not to use wax paper because IT WILL NOT COME OFF. We made the mistake of using wax paper instead of parchment paper and F.Y.I this was my moms idea and I had nothing to do with it. Sadly, we used the whole bag and tried to take one off and it didn't go so well, so we had to go back to the gas station and get a new bag. This time they came right off and we didn't have to try to lick the wax paper off of the sucker, which was super nasty just is case you were wondering. The next time I make them they will be perfection and I am serious, PERFECTION!

This is probably one of the easiest, yummiest recipes ever and below is how to make it!

What You'll Need:

-bag of jolly ranchers

-parchment paper (not wax paper)

-cookie sheet

-cake pop/ lollipop sticks


Directions:

-First, Preheat the oven to 275 degrees


-Second, place parchment paper on cookie sheet

-Third, line up jolly ranchers along parchment paper ( I recommend three because it won't take as long to melt)


-Fourth, place in oven for 6 to 7 minutes (check often)

-Fifth, take out immediately and roll sticks in the sucker until the stick is fully covered


-Sixth, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment