Friday, December 13, 2013

Chocolate Wonderland

So.... today I am having a christmas party with my soccer team and I decided to write about the amazing chocolate fountain that will be on the table. I know this is a little different than my other posts, but it is just so cool and so yummy that I couldn't resist. I got it for my birthday from Claire and this is the first time I have used it. It didn't look exactly like I would have hoped it would, but it still works which is good! Today I took it out of the box, cleaned it and then I started to heat it up so that the chocolate would stay warm. When I added the chocolate it didn't look very good because all it did was drip down the sides and it didn't look very pretty like it did on the box but after a few minutes it started to look BEAUTIFUL. I went up stairs to make my bed and when I came down my mom broke the news, the chocolate had seized up because the heater wasn't keeping it very warm which made me pretty upset. My mom decided to take it apart and scrape the chocolate off and then re-heat it. We are doing that as we speak!

The things that are super duper great for dipping are marshmallows (we got peppermint), pretzel sticks, strawberries, bananas, mangoes and pound cake. The chocolate was super duper easy to make and it was lick the spoon worthy and below is how to make it and you don't even have to have a fountain you can just dip your stuff in it it's that good!

Ingredients:

-semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)

-heavy whipping cream (1/3 of a cup or a little more to make it thinner)

Directions:

First: add the chocolate and whipping cream under low heat


Second: pour it in a mini croc pot or a chocolate fountain


Third: ENJOY EATING YOUR YUMMY CHOCOLATE


You can get this chocolate fountain from Macy's



3 comments:

  1. Photo creds for the chocolate fountain picture #me

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I took the picture you just added the words;)

    ReplyDelete