Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Little Late


I know I'm a little late, but I was in Texas visiting my family almost all break and I didn't have any of the ingredients and I really didn't feel like it, oopsie! Although this is a Christmas inspired snack I think it's perfect for the winter. You don't have to use peppermint ice-crem, even thought its really good, you can use really any flavors that you think would pair well with hot chocolate. This is probably one of the yummiest homemade hot chocolates I have ever had and it was so simple. When I make things it takes me a really long time to get all the stuff together because I always get distracted. I finally got all of my ingredients together and started. Making the hot chocolate was easy, but there is a lot of waiting and stirring because it takes a while for it to get hot and for the chocolate to melt. While I was waiting I started to sing Do You Want to Build a Snowman from Frozen and I can honestly tell you that I am the best singer EVER. I think my mom was seriously going to tape my mouth shut and yesterday I learned the rest of the song so now I know the whole thing, I think that pretty exciting! It was finally done.... I  got my cute little snowman mugs out and poured it over the ice-cream. "OMG this is soooo good Evin." (Quote provided by Angela Edwards)

Below is how you make the HOT HOT HOT HOT Chocolate (sing it like in the Polar Express it makes it more fun to read!)

- 3/4 cups heavy cream

- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk

- 1 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

- 3 cups milk

- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract

- PLUS PEPPERMINT ICE-CREAM or vanilla (but don't add it to the mixture)

What to do

Step 1: In a bowl under low heat mix all the ingredients together listed above.


Step 2: Stir until all the chocolate is melted, take it off the heat and fill your mugs with ice-cream
Now how easy was that?


Step 3: Now once the hot chocolate has cooled a little bit add it to the peppermint ice-cream in a cute little mug (like mine, but don't worry you can put it in anything!!!)


Enjoy your yummy Polar Express hot chocolate!

Happy New Year from my snowman friend and my little sister!



No comments:

Post a Comment