Sunday, February 2, 2014

Who Would Have Thought?

Picture Provided by: icanteachmychild
Ice-cream in a bag is surprisingly simple and it actually tastes really really good. This week I came home from school and my sister and her friend really wanted to make homemade ice-cream. Then I thought, ice-cream in a bag! I remembered when I was little my babysitter, Shay, made ice-cream in a bag with me and I was totally in love with it. My sister had to go to dance and she already had a video up on youtube of a little girl chef making it, which was super duper cute. She left and I watched it, wrote down the recipe and made it. As I mentioned on a blog post previously I am really slow at getting everything together and making it. So when my sister got home an hour and half later I still wasn't done. My sister was like, what the heck why isn't it done I want some ice-cream (when I mock people I say it in a southern accent it makes it more fun! Hee Hee.) My sister was driving me absolutely crazy waiting for the dang ice-cream to be finished. So just a heads up while its between the ice under the towel it takes a while.

Below is how you make it!

What You'll Need:
- a towel 
- three big plastic bags
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of sugar 
- 1 pinch is salt
- 2 half cups of salt (to mix with ice)
- 1/2 vanilla extract 
- a lot of ice 

Directions

1) in the first plastic bag put the milk, heavy cream, sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla extract.













2) take out as much air as possible and mix (squish) all the ingredients together 













3) In the remaining two plastics bags put about 5 cups of ice in each and then put 1/2 cup of salt in each as well... Mix well













4) put the ice-cream mix in between the two bags of ice and wrap a towel around it and leave for 45 minutes to an hour














5) take the ice-cream out of the bag and put it in a bowl to make it easier to eat (or just eat it out of the bag)

6) put the leftovers in the freezer and enjoy the rest 

Yay!!!!!!


2 comments: