Friday, February 7, 2014

I'm a Glitter Gal!

Fancy Pictures Provided by: Tumblr
Lately I have been really obsessed with glittering things. It all started when I was at my cousins house and she glittered my iPhone adapter. Ever since that I have glittered pretty much everything I can, I glittered my moms and another one of my phone adapters and I also glittered magnets for my sisters magnet board. I just love glitter so much. Every time I bring my charger somewhere I ALWAYS mention that I glittered myself and that it is just so snazzy and cool. Everyone replies with, "oh.. cool." My dad thinks I'm pretty weird and so does my mom, my dad claims it to be vandalism, but its not... gosh! I find it really funny when I ask my dad if I can glitter his adapter because he all of a sudden he freaks out and becomes really serious and tells me not to do it. Its just so great. Anyways, below is how you make the glitter magnets.

Things You'll Need:

- mod podge
- glitter
- small magnets
- clear rocks
- paint brush














First, get your paint brush, pod podge, glitter and pick you clear rock. Paint the mod podge on the back of the rock (try not to get it on the sides) and quickly pour your glitter on, the mod podge dries pretty fast. I patted down the glitter with my finger so that it stuck more to the mod podge, but its not required;)














Second, place it on a paper plate and wait for until you can't see the mod podge on the front anymore. I was really impatient while it was drying because I wanted it to be dry so just sit back, chill and watch some t.v or something!














Third, tap the rock on the paper plate so that the extra glitter comes off. I was feeling pretty artsy tonight  so I took kind of a cool picture (well, I thought it was pretty cool).













Fourth, paint mod podge over the glitter and wait until it dries and then do another coat, don't freak out if it stays white for a while it takes time for it to dry. When I first did this I kinda freaked out because I didn't want it to stay white, but it turned out just great!












Fifth, plug your hot glue gun in and hot glue the magnet on once your magnet is dry. This is sadly, the end of the magnet process.














There you go, you have your fabulous, snazzy and amazing homemade glitter magnet! (I was feeling artsy so I'm also going to put cool glitter pictures, taken by me)











You can seriously make anything glittery with just a paintbrush, mod podge and glitter, and I mean seriously. Now how simple was that?


True Dat! Provided by: Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment