Friday, February 14, 2014

Mints Galore

Picture Provided by: Sweet and Saucy
So, today is Valentines Day and when I got home I realized I still needed to make something for my blog that was really easy and didn't take long to make, because I still had to look over my Odyssey compare and contrast essay and possibly add more, actually a lot more. I chose cream cheese mints. I kind of got a late start on making it because I had to watch a little baby name Maxine for a little while because my mom had to go and take my sister to dance. When I looked at the recipe it only had four ingredients, only four how snazzy is that? So I got everything out really quickly, took pictures of all the steps and made it in probably about fifteen minutes, and I didn't mess up! YES! I kind of made it my own because first of all who has peppermint extract and we didn't exactly have a block of cream cheese, so I had to use whipped. I seriously couldn't keep my fingers out of the what ever you call it, cream cheese mint batter, icing, batter... whatever you call it, it was flippin' good. I didn't have a fancy piping bag so of course I had to use a poopy plastic bag and cut the tip off of the corner. So anyways... below is how you make it and just a fair warning it makes up to 250 of them and it is very sweet because of the five cups of powdered sugar in it:0

What You'll Need:

- one block of cream cheese (or a full thingy of the whipped version)

- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or peppermint... which is kind of weird)

- 5 cups of powdered sugar (whoo..eeee that's a lot of powdered sugar)

- food coloring (I chose pink because it's Valentines Day! YAY pink!)

- electric mixer (can be the fancy one or the had one!)

What to do:

First, get all of your ingredients to together so that you're not searching for them later and cover a cookie sheet with wax paper ;) I used the whipped cream cheese because we didn't have any regular cream cheese, which is weird because we always have it, oops oh well....













Second, mix the cream cheese and vanilla until it is smooth or in my case the whipped cream cheese.. hee hee.













Third, add the powdered sugar in a little at a time or else it will go everywhere and I mean everywhere (do not try this at home). Add about one cup in at a time, you will notice it getting very think. Don't worry about this because it needs to be thick for it to set.













Fourth, add the food coloring until you like the color it's become (I added probably about 5 or 6 drops). My mints are starting to look pretty in pink (my apologies that the mix is already pink... I forgot to take a picture of me adding it in when it was still white)














Fifth, place it in you piping bag, or plastic bag and pipe it onto a cookie sheet with wax paper on it so that the mints won't stick (I warn you not to use parchment paper) and pipe them on.











Sixth, let them set in the refrigerator, they will last about a month in there. You can eat them after an hour.. yay your done with your cream cheese mints!!!!! (Since it's Valentines Day I put flowers behind them<3)













WARNING: 
They do not set in the hour that you leave them out. They just form a crust on the top, after they have formed a crust put them in the refrigerator and leave them in there all night to a day. After that they are good to be taken out of the refrigerator you can put them in a jar for a party or just leave them in the refrigerator. THEY LAST ABOUT TWO WEEKS.



No comments:

Post a Comment