Friday, February 28, 2014

No Bake... What?

Picture Provided by: The Recipe Critic

Hey ya'll so the first time I made this really yummy dessert it was with my friend, Lane. We had to go to soccer at like six and school ends quite early, so since she lived so close to our school we walked over there. Every time I went over to her house we always baked something because we both loved to bake, especially sweets. We were trying to find something to make and we both got really excited when we saw this recipe on her Pinterest page. If I remember correctly we almost ate the whole thing before we left for soccer. Not a good idea Evie. I made this last year and I didn't take pictures, because that would be pretty weird, so I decided to make them again and this time they were just as yummy/delicious/scrumptious. If you are really interested in making these below is how to make it.

Stuff You'll Need:


- 1 cup butter (melted)

- 2 cups of graham crackers crumbs (finely crushed)

- 2 cups powder sugar

- 1 cup peanut butter + 4 tablespoons

- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (if you don't want it that sweet use semi-sweet chocolate)













What to do:

First, you'll need to put your graham crackers in the a food processor or crush them in a bag, for a long long time until it is very finely crushed. I crushed mine in a bag which makes it easier to clean up, which was good because I hate cleaning after making something. Just kind of guess how many graham crackers will make















Second, mix all of the ingredients together in a mixer + crushed graham crackers except for the chocolate, whether it be a fancy smancy Kitchen Aid or just an electric mixer. I kind of forgot to take pictures adding all the ingredients so this is just what is looks like in the end.













Third, spread the mixture to a 9 by 13 pan because theres a lot. It kind of looks really gross when you put in the pan but don't worry it actually tastes really scrumptious.














Fourth, put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so that it will set and be ready for the chocolate.













Fifth, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and every 30 seconds take it out and stir so that the chocolate won't burn. Trust me chocolate can burn and it doesn't smell too good and it is hard to get off the bowl.













Sixth, pull the peanut butter mixture out of the refrigerator and pour the chocolate over it. Spread it evenly across the pan and then put it back in the refrigerator so that the chocolate can set.














Seventh, the wait is finally over! You can now cut the bars, I would let it sit for a minute or two though because I tried to cut it right after I took it out and I seriously though I bent the knife.













ENJOY YOUR DELICIOUS HOMEMADE REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER BARS!

Sorry for the lack of pictures my viewers I kind of forgot to:0


No comments:

Post a Comment