Monday, March 10, 2014

The Sharpie Mug


So, this week I have been trying to figure out what craft to do and yesterday I had soccer and I didn't have time to do anything because it started a little after school ended. I got back at like seven because it was down in Salt Lake and I was freaking out because I hadn't decided what to do yet. I got on our newly purchased iPad and looked on my Pinterest page. I had to find something really easy to do because I still had to read for English. I saw the sharpie mug and I was like, "YES!" Then I realized we didn't have just a plain white mug, my dad was super smart and was like how about you use the thing for gravy. I took it out and got all my boring colored sharpies out and started to draw on it. Both my mom and dad gave me ideas on what to draw, The Edwards on the front and on the back a big cursive E. I finished and I was freaking out because I still hadn't read and I still had to pack for Vegas. If I had't mentioned it before I am going to Vegas this weekend for a soccer tournament. I went upstairs and left to rest of the project to my mom and dad, which was to take the gravy thingy out of the oven. I came downstairs and it looked absolutely fantastico!

If you really really want to make it look below!

What You'll Need:

- plain white mug (I used a gravy boat)

- colorful sharpies 

- cake pan (to put mug in)












What to do:

Step 1, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees, don't worry this is really exciting ;)













Step 2, pick the sharpies that you want and start to design your mug. DO NOT WORRY if you mess up because it comes off with water, well at least it did for me! I used really boring colors because that all we had, so don't copy me.












Step 3, put your mug in the pan and then in the oven for thirty minutes (no more, no less).













Step 4, take it out and it is finished. YAY!!!!













WARNING:
hand wash the mug, don't put it in the dishwasher or else it will fade and then eventually come off.








No comments:

Post a Comment